Saturday, January 26, 2008

Bags, Bags, Bags

I have a confession to make. It seems that somehow I have managed to create an obsession to tote bags. I know it sounds silly, but trust me there's nothing to laught about! I always carry at least one canvas tote in my handbag, usually two, because you never know when you gonna need an extra bag. I even made a tote bag to my sisters wedding last year. Hey, don't laugh! A bridesmaid can not carry all those things necessary in a plastic bag. I even made it go with the theme!

Yesterdays visit to Forma Fair didn't help my situation at all. I met there Ann Bäck, a very lovely women with own company called galleriAnn. Ann use to work as a sculpturer before founding GalleriAnn ten years ago. Ever since Ann has been working with patterns, creating pictures, cards, nice little things for home and BAGS! Fun and simple bags.



Mami, small bag, is GalleriAnn's biggest seller.

The story behind Mami print is that Ann's daughter Nea drew it when she was 4. It is a potrait of her mother. The picture has become like a symbol for galleriAnn and it is one of their most popular patterns.

These bags are from the Forma fair. I really like the bag with words "maito, ruisleipä, kahvi, juusto" same in English "milk, bread, coffee, cheese". What an excellent grocery bag!

Have a look what other cool stuff she has made. Click here!

I'll be back soon with more bags. Very soon!

1 comment:

molla said...

Kiitos linkeistä!!
Nyt on pakko saada tuo "mama" laukku ja tyyny ;)