Thursday, March 13, 2008

Almost... But Not Quite...

Anna from chocolate & Capri blue kindly reminded me, that I had forgotten Chest of Drawers by Tejo Remy for Droog, from my previous post. Well, it is true that all three of them (Assamblage, OTO100 and Chest of Drawers) are easy to separate and assemble. It's up to you how you use them and how you choose to assemble the shelf. But what comes to the Chest of Drawers... the drawers doesn't nest inside each other like the other two storage systems.

But like Anna said, the Chest of Drawers might be the ancestor of the other two storage systems. Chest of Drawers was designed 15 years ago, in 1993. Thanks Anna!

6 comments:

sitruuna said...

Sorry, I don't get your comment about difference between this and the others in the previous post? How do you think they differ? To me they're all a pile of things wrapped together.

I might be bit dum, as usually is the case... ;)

Maija said...

I don't think that those drawers can be stored inside each other when not in use or when you need the extra space or for example when you move ;) Those OTO100 rings and Assemblage squares can be stored inside each other. Little ones goes inside the big ones like nesting dolls...

It might also be my bad english...

sitruuna said...

I WAS being dum, again. You just proved my point.

Anna said...

well, I still think the idea is basically the same. The two newer ones may just have evolved one step further before being realized. :c)

But seriously, I can't see the practicality of those... somehow I would get stressed if I saw such a pile of stuff in my home... sorry! And what can you store inside the round Muuto cylinders? And what work to dust them... why not just get a nice and simple drawer with only one top surface which needs dusting? I guess I'm another dumbie. xc)

sitruuna said...

I have to agree with Anna (how surprising!), I don't like any of these. They look like a mess, I wouldn't trust the belt to hold them together when piled with stuff and indeed, what can you store inside the round cylinders?

I'm a boring old fart, my book shelf has to be square. :|

Maija said...

I wouldn't buy any of those either. I don't even like that much about book shelfs. I like to keep things behind the doors :) Just wanted to write about them... They might look cool somewhere...